An Advisor is described as follows:
- A recognized affiliate of the Somali Health Cluster who has outstanding and relevant experience or expertise in a particular area of health (i.e. epidemiology, technical training, monitoring and evaluation, etc.);
- Is invited upon request by the Health Cluster Secretariat as an individual expert to participate in one of the governance entities (e.g. Technical Working Group) and is approved by the Cluster Review Committee (CRC); or
- An individual that does not represent an organization, but only speaks in his/her personal name.
Roles of an Advisor:
- Assist in the discussions and deliberations at the Health Cluster meetings;
- Is excluded from any right to vote in any of the decision making processes of the Cluster; and
- Upon invitation of the Health Cluster Coordinator, Advisors may make a statement to present their views or positions on the issue under consideration at the end of the discussion on that issue.
Partners Main Page